Editing your 1&1 A Record points your base domain (e.g. yoursite.com) to your LaunchRock page.
- Log in to 1&1 Control Panel.
- Click the administration tab
- Click Domains link from the Domains & Webspace panel
Check the box next to the domain you want to modify
- In the DNS dropdown menu select 'Show DNS Settings'
- Click the Edit button next to Name Server Settings
- Select the DNS button next to General Settings
- Select Other IP address
- Enter the four parts of our IP address 22.214.171.124 within the text boxes (Each number separated by a dot (.) should be typed into a separate text box).
- Click the OK button when finished
Note: To increase reliability you should create four A records and point each one to a different LaunchRock IP address:
Congratulations! Your A record is now configured to point to LaunchRock.
Note: Editing you A Record is optional for Hosted Pages but a CNAME is not. Create a CNAME record in 1&1Once you've modified your A records, it may take up to 72 hours for changes to update live.