Editing your A Record points your base domain (e.g. yoursite.com) to your LaunchRock page.
- log in to the Rackspace Cloud Server Control Panel
- Navigate to your Cloud Server overview page, by selecting Hosting
- Click Cloud Servers.
- Click on the link for your Cloud Server.
- Click on the DNS tab at the top. This is where you will modify your DNS records.
- Click on the Domain you are editing in the Domain Management screen.
- In the Name field you should see your base domain.
- In the Content field enter 220.127.116.11
- Rackspace recommends you set the TTL to 300 seconds.
- Be sure the Type is set to A.
- Press the OK button to save your record.
Note: To increase reliability you can create up to four A Records for your domain and point one to each to LaunchRock IP address:
Congratulations! Your A record is now configured to point to LaunchRock.
A CNAME record is required for your hosted Landing Page. Create your Rackspace CNAME record.Once you've modified your A records, it may take up to 72 hours for changes to update live.